1. Information about us
Personal data is stored by Wealden Advertiser Limited, a company registered in England under company number 2336189, whose registered address is Hargreaves Business Park, Hargreaves Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23 6QW.
Under the GDPR we are the ‘Data Controller’.
2. What does this Privacy Notice cover?
This Privacy Notice explains how we use your personal data; how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the GDPR relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the GDPR as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers information such as your name, contact details and customer identification numbers.
The personal data that we collect and process is set out in Part 5, below.
Generic information which does not identify an individual such as ‘sales@..’ is not personal data and can therefore be held outside the scope of the GDPR.
4. What are your rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to have any errors rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data held by us.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to pass to another service provider.
- The right to be advised if we use automation in decision-making and profiling.
This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 13. You should also contact us at the address noted in Part 13 if you wish to exercise any of the above rights.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What data do we collect?
We may collect, store and process some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Business name
- Job role
- Postal address
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Web address
- Account reference identifier
- Bank account details (This information is stored separately and only referenced against an account number)
We may also use automated processes to collect data when you visit our website or app to collect the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet, the geographical location of that device, the browser you are using, the type of device you are using (tablet, mobile, desktop), the URL you came from and the web pages you access.
6. How do we use your Personal Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely for no longer than is necessary for the purpose it was originally collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account
- To process adverts and orders agreed by you
- To contact you for the renewal of advertising or other services
- Supplying our products and services to you (please note that we may require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you)
- To contact you if you request communication from us
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you
- Replying to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by disabling your subscription from your profile page, or by following the unsubscribe link in the footer of a newsletter e-mail or by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com
- Market research
- Analysing your use of our services and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our services and your experience in dealing with us
- To maintain records required for statutory record keeping or legislative requirements
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, post or by telephone with information, news and offers on our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited personal marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR. If you do not wish to receive these offers and information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.